Saturday, October 1

Welcome October






I have started doing a Quote of the Day on my face book page. The reason for doing this was to make a conscious effort to start the day with something meaningful to ponder on as the day went on. As I was searching for a quote to post today, October first, I came upon and chose this one,
"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." ~Stanley Horowitz
I have never had a quote about a season speak to me so lovingly and true. I am so happy October is here. It is my favorite month. My favorite season. I am looking forward the buzzing around the house as we prepare for bitter cold of winter. Looking around I see we are not only ones getting ready for this change. All around you see the excitement, the energy and the hurries steps of preparation.
October also brings us the start of some joyous family traditions. On the agenda this month will be apple picking, pumpkin picking, hay rides, trick o treating, canning, family walks and a a few birthday celebrations. I am so excited about some Autumn crafting with Henry, not to mention all the woolens that have come out from storage in the various shades of oranges, browns, golds and reds. Pots of chilies, soups and squashes just simmering away. Breads and muffins cooling on the counters.
Mmmmmm....can't to just smell October. It is indeed in the Air!

What does your family look forward to doing in October?

No comments: