Wednesday, December 15

Baking Mayhem!!

I am going to admit it. I have never made gingerbread cookies from scratch and I am not a good baker. Every single time I have tried to bake cookies or brownies, something always goes wrong. Under cooked, too hard or they just come out flat as a board. Well not today ladies and gents. My cookies came out to puffy?? Oh yes, yet again, I have failed at baking.
      After being in the fridge for a few hours, fingers crossed I went to flouring up my rolling pin and counter. With Henry armed with his own rolling pin , we went to work. The dough kept sticking, the cutters didn't cut and cookies kept ripping. No clue why.
My son's cookies came out wonderful, thin and with a little snap. Mine didn't even hold the shape. Oh well back to the cutting board.
If you have any suggestions let me know!







Mr. Henry didn't mind though as you can see, he gobbled them up no problem. Now, what does a failed baker do after puffy cookies? Why bake some birthday cakes and cupcakes of course and homemade chocolate frosting too!






By the way...those came out really chewy, I mean really chewy, like the forever gobstopper cupcake. At least the frosting was good!
Ya wanna know something else that happened on this grand old day of baking ...Papa helped Henry put the sprinkles on that wee little cake and I don't know if you noticed but the sprinkles are really tiny. Well they got clogged in the shaker and Papa thought he would just blow them loose...hundreds of them littered every single square inch of my kitchen. I am still finding them here and there and yup, we have ants.!!!

No comments: