Wednesday, August 11

What's growin ??

Our garden plot is a 10x20 and I planted 4-5 of each plant. Here is a list of what we have growing:

Honeybear squash
Butternut Squash
Summer Squash
Acorn Squash
Zucchini
Brussels Sprouts
Eggplant
Pole and Bush beans
Cucumbers
Savoy Cabbage
Broccoli
Kale
Collard Greens
Plum tomatoes
Hot peppers
Sweet peppers
Celery
Sadly....our 5 cauliflower plants fell victim to the centipede. Moment of silence please...
I am so very sad about this because we had all 5 heads about the size of a tennis ball and I was so excited about picking them, cooking and pureeing them and sneaking them into Henry's homemade Mac n Cheese.

Here is what I do to Mac n Cheese:
Whole Wheat pasta
Ricotta cheese
Puree cauliflower and white beans
Spinach, garlic
or  I may add purred carrots and Cheddar cheese for yellow Mac n Cheese


Boil n drain pasta, add puree veggies, cheese , dash of milk or butter , spinach, garlic and mix together. Sometimes I top it with wheatgerm or flax seed. Yummy!!!

No comments: