Wednesday, December 8

Apple Pie

Time to time I get the urge to bake a goody, thing is, I really don't like to bake. I hate following a recipe. I much prefer to wing it and throw a little of this and a dash of that. That is why I tend to keep to cooking. When looking for a recipe I try to find a really easy one, with like 5 ingredients, that I can fool around with. Well this apple pie recipe was right up my alley. For the first time in awhile my playing around paid off! 



 I am going to share this very easy and simple recipe. I think it is a great recipe to mess around with and I highly recommend you doing so.

Apple Pie

Peeled and sliced apple...as much as you want. I used 6 apples of various size and flavor
1 pie shell
Sugar..any kind will do, I used raw and brown
Cinnamon
Flour
Butter

Mix apples in a bowl with 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon until apples are well coated.

(There is plenty of room to mess around here, I did 1/4 cup brown and 1/4 raw a dash of wheat germ and flax seed and I added a pinch of clove and ginger)

Place mixture into pie shell in a 9 inch pie pan. Set aside. Turn oven on 400 degrees

Next add 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 cup of flour and 1/3 cup of butter, cut into slices. Mix well with fork/masher or fingers.
Sprinkle topping onto pie.
Bake for 40 minutes. Once it was out a sprinkled a wee bit more cinnamon!
Cool and eat. Enjoy!!



 


     

No comments: